Good news: as long your bread hasn't gone moldy—the point of no return—there's still a chance for you to enjoy it.
To revive stale bread, all you need is water, a paper towel or some aluminum foil, and your oven or microwave.
If you choose to use the oven:
- Preheat it to 200 degrees.
- Quickly run the bread under the faucet.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Then bake it for 5-10 minutes.
Or you'd rather use the microwave:
- Wrap the bread in a damp paper towel.
- Place it on a microwave safe plate.
- Heat for 10 seconds.
If needed, repeat the process. Watch closely so your bread doesn't overcook—or worse, catch on fire.
Congratulations, you've brought your stale bread back to life.