Despite being kind of the worst, 2016 did have a few high points.
Take away all the shittiness of 2016 and you'll be left with gymnast Simone Biles, , and the music. And now, thanks to Spotify, you can listen to them all.
Spotify has released Wrapped, it's annual set of top music lists of the year revealing the top artists and songs of 2016.
Did you listen to the most streamed music of the year? Find out now. https://t.co/FL5BMpYdoO
— Spotify (@Spotify)
For the second year in the row Drake is the most streamed artist of the year.
Most streamed artists of 2016:
Twenty One Pilots
Everyone's favorite sweater wearing, dad dancing, Degrassi: The Next Generation star/rapper actually makes two appearances in the top five of the top 100 songs of 2016 with "One Dance" coming in at number one and Rihanna's "Work" (which he appears on) coming in at number four.
Top Tracks of 2016 - Global:
"One Dance" (feat. WizKid and Kyla) – Drake
"I Took A Pill in Ibiza" – Seeb Remix – Mike Posner
"Don’t Let Me Down" (feat. Daya) – The Chainsmokers
"Work" (feat. Drake) – Rihanna
"Cheap Thrills" – Sia
Thankfully, all 100 songs are available in a playlist so that you can listen and realize 2016 can't be all bad. Drake was happy this year and when Drake is happy, we're all happy.
Realizing that there might be some people out there who don't appreciate the turtleneck-wearing-a-man that is Drake, Spotify also released some fun facts about this year in music
- Top sex song: “Sex” - Cheat Codes, Kris Kross Amsterdam
- Top sad song: “Say Something” - A Great Big World
- Top breakup song: “One Dance” - Drake feat. WizKid and Kyla
- Top party/dance song: “Uptown Funk” - Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
- Top workout song: “ ‘Till I Collapse (feat. Nate Dogg)” - Eminem
- Top gaming song: “Remember The Name (feat. Styles of Beyond)” - Fort Minor
- Most Musical Day: Nov. 11